Are On-line Travel Portals and Travel Search Engines advanced than ever?
Large or Small, Travel companies are continually looking to use the latest technology to enhance their on-line presence. This is the main reason on-line travel website technology has grown faster than any other on-line related industry. The On-line Travel Hotel Accommodation Booking marketplace is a very competitive area and ultimately the user’s decision to purchase depends on 3 key factors:
- Website functionality
- Availability of the chosen travel package, flight or hotel
- Price (obviously)
Most of the leading online travel agents or online tour operators who are connected with one of the highly recognised flight suppliers, hotels and/or transfer wholesalers via XML. Through these suppliers they can search online users’ needs relate to any destination around the world.
These Online Travel Websites are continuously growing their supplier base by regularly adding boutique, destination specific XML suppliers. This will offer more hotel, Flight and Transfer options to their web users, allowing us to broaden their exposure to new market segments.
Most of the Online travel websites use the latest “filtration technique” across a number of supplier feeds in real-time. Meaning that they can always deliver the latest availability information and most importantly the best available rate to the consumer. Further to above most of the leading travel and leisure websites have;
- Ability to manage, adapt and dynamically improve the system according to the marketing and usability purposes
- Flexibility to handle the load according to the business improvement
- Easy to find and fix bugs and issues
- System is guaranteed for 95% up time
- Secure backup and recovery processes
- Ability to launch new sites for their new markets.
Travel Website and GDS Development Overview.
Leading Travel websites and corresponding Systems are based on an open architecture concept which is an independent platform and multi tier internet technology.
- Systems are built according to SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Mostly built on JEE technologies
- Use of web services for external connectivity and data processing
- Distributed / multi team development using SVN
Market analysis summary to get an idea about OTA marketplace.
The travel sector is a growing marketplace. With traveller numbers set to double in size over the next 10 years there has been a steady increase in the number of people booking their rhinobooksnashville independently i.e. book flights, accommodation etc. separately and not as a package online.